Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Checking In

OK, I know that I have failed in my commitment with keeping up with my blog. The last month plus has been a whirlwind of uncertainty and unexpected change. It always amazes me how quickly life can change on you and there is really no way you can prepare for it or slow it down. But we remain walking upright, if a little stunned and exhausted. But it all has made it hard to focus on putting things in a constructive and coherent way - not that I've ever really been able to do that!

Beginning tomorrow I will be the pastor of Zion United Methodist Church, located in Lancaster, SC. It will be a very different type of ministry, I'm sure, and I admit that I am nervous and anxious about it but, and this is a big but, I am excited about the possibilities and challenges that God has in store for us all.

The last few weeks we have slowly packed up our house, watched as others have come and taken some of our furniture to a new home, and moved into our bedroom - since it's the only room that still has furniture in it. It's been strange.

Anyway, I hope to be back up and running in a week or two, filled with inspiring things to write. Well, I can dream, can't I?

No comments: