Sunday, May 17, 2009

Streams of Thought

I was sitting outside on the front porch earlier this evening, listening to the rain, watching it splash on the cement, and I started having a stream of thoughts: about wisdom - human and Godly; about love - between a husband and wife, between friend and friend, between strangers, my love for God and his love for me; about my responsibility to others - those I know, those I don't; about hope and faith - the things that make i weak and those that make it stronger. It was a fluid stream of thought, nothing I could hang on to but something streaming through my head. Mixed in the thoughts were pieces of Scripture that related to those streaming thoughts, like leaves floating on top of the water.

Later, much later, in the evening, I stumbled upon a website for Andrew Zuckerman Photography and there was a video posted on his site, by him, entitled, "Wisdom." As I watched it, I found myself having those thoughts again but this time more as a walker along the stream, observing and seeing it all from a different perspective. So I share this video with you. What stirred the waters for me was what I know God says about wisdom - our need for wisdom that comes from Him; our need for true love - the kind that comes from knowing Christ, which has a way of transforming us; how we are called to care for others - by expressing Christ-like love to all those who are around us; how doubt has a strange way about it - serving as "the ants in the pants of faith (Fredrick Buechner)."

Here is the video. After watching, take a "walk" by whatever stream it causes to flow by you - but also be sure that you watch for the stirrings in the water by the hand of God.


1 comment:

note on life said...

Widsom is known by her children...and her children's children...and her childrens' children's children.