Friday, June 13, 2008

Dave Barry: A journey into my colon - and yours

My wife's Grandparents sent me an email that had an article written by Dave Barry. It was a hilariously wonderful read. I decided to simply email to a lot of my friends and family because I wasn't sure of the copyright ramifications of reproducing here in my blog. Then a long time friend, Mary, sent me the link for "the rest of the story." Though I'm still not going to reproduce the article here, I am going to include the link after Dave Barry's opening paragraph - so go and check it out and read the entire article as it was meant to be read. If you are part of the circle that I emailed it to, go and read it again, it's better the second time - especially when it's the complete thing!

Oh, by the way - in the midst of your laughter, don't miss his point!

Dave Barry: A journey into my colon - and yours.

OK. You turned 50. You know you're supposed to get a colonoscopy. But you haven't. Here are your reasons:

1. You've been busy.

2. You don't have a history of cancer in your family.

3. You haven't noticed any problems.

4. You don't want a doctor to stick a tube 17,000 feet up your butt.

Let's examine these reasons one at a time...

For the rest of the story, click here... Dave Barry

1 comment:

roadtripray said...

Okay, that was a a really good laugh. And I neededa really good laugh today.

Peace,
Ray